Hold on to your nuts, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!! Go Nuts is excited to bring you a full series of USA Cycling Regional Championship Enduro races to the Southeast! We have some awesome courses lined up for 2022 and its time to GO NUTS!
Each race will feature 4 to 5 downhill lines that will be clearly marked. We use 2 different color tapes to mark the transition portion and the actual timed portion.
Check out the rules:
1) Must complete 5 enduro races to qualify for series championship.
2) Must race final race (Regional Championship) to qualify for series win or tie breaker when applicable.
3) Must have USA Cycling annual license for points to count nationally.
4) 1st Place series winners will receive championship jersey at the end of the year.
5) Must wear proper helmet and enduro gear.
6) You can move up in a Category, but never down. Points do not transfer from category to category.
7) No alcohol consumption during the race please.
8 You must complete the course lines in the correct number sequence.
9) Please wait your turn at staging areas - 30-45 seconds between each rider.
10) You must use the same bike throughout the race. All mechanical issues must be corrected by the rider or onsite tech support when available.
11) Some races will have Go Nuts Biking shuttle service, some will not.
12) The race will conclude at the designated time, any runs after will not count.
13) If you do not return your timing bracelet you will incur the charge to replace. $100.
14) Please use proper trail etiquette during course runs and transfer stages.
15) All protest must be filed within 20 minutes of the last competitor completing the final race stage of the day.
16) If you encounter an injured/downed rider, please stop and check on them. If a rider is seriously injured or unconscious, let officials know immediately or call 911.
17) Points will be awarded as follows:
Enduro Team Competition- $1000!
A team will consist of 5 to 10 riders across one or more categories. Each team member must complete 5 or more races for points to fully count.
1st - 5 points
2nd - 4 points
3rd - 3 points
4th - 2 points
5th - 1 point
6th plus - 1 point
Any team member placing 6 or higher receives one point. For the calculation of overall series points, each team will add their scores from all rounds of the series.
Team rosters must be submitted in advance of the race date or the team begins competition. No substitutions allowed.
Team members cannot share, exchange or replace bikes during a race. Must start and finish on the same bike.
Each team member must wear matching jerseys/shirts.
The first place Enduro team wins $1000 grand prize.
In the event of a tie, the overall combined scores of the last race the tied teams participated in, will be used to determine
All team members who compete in the Regional Championship on December 4, 2022 race will receive double points towards team series win.
New Go Nuts Championship Enduro Race!
Qualifications: The 2021 winners ranking 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th will be eligible to compete for the Go Nuts Enduro Championship 2022 title.
The race is open to ALL. 2022 participants with 5 races leading up to the Regional Championship ranking 1-5 will be eligible to compete for regional title.
Enduro Racing defined by USA Cycling:
The newest form of mountain biking, enduro is like multiple Super D runs, linking technical downhill trails with flat and uphill sections typically found at a cross-country race. Races have more than one stage, and oftentimes riders must climb fireroads or trails to reach later stages. In enduro events, only the downhill sections are timed. A rider's stage times added together to create an overall time. Competitors typically choose bikes that allow for the bike-handling capabilities required of a downhill racer, but also don't prohibit sustained climbing. (a) Mountain Bike Enduros are extended timed descents or multiple timed descents in charge to replace.
single or multiple stages over one or more days. (b) When multiple timed descents are used in a given day, the timed sections will be connected by transition sections that are not timed. Riders can ride, shuttle, or take a chair lift to the start of the next section as determined by the Race Director and described in the technical manual for the event. (c) While transition sections are not timed, penalties will be assessed if riders miss their start times at the beginning of the next timed section. (d) A technical manual should be produced that defines how the event will be scored, either by time or omnium. All stages must be completed to be eligible for a placing.